Location:Ashfield Ind Est, Runcorn (WA7), WA7 3BE
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an LGV mechanic / technician in our Vehicle workshop in Runcorn.
Our LGV Technicians service and maintain our modern and varied fleet of tractor units ( mainly DAF) and trailers ( Cartwright / Tiger ) .Days will be a mixture of on site and in the service van.
- To inspect, service and repair units to a high maintenance standard ensuring conformity to all current company guidelines, policies, procedures and mandatory legislation.
- Ensure repairs are carried out according to manufacturer’s procedures and in a safe and responsible manner.
- Preparing vehicles for MOT’s
- Ensuring Health and Safety regulations and safe working practices are maintained at all times Ensure repairs are carried out in accordance with manufacturer standard times.
- Assist with good workshop housekeeping at all times.
- Ensure that the company time recording procedures are complied with and job cards write ups are completed accurately.
- Ensure that all vehicle defects are reported appropriately
- To provide a high customer service level & demonstrate company values at ALL times
The role may involve possible shift working, including occasional weekends.
Whilst the above outlines the main duties of the post the list is not exhaustive and duties may need to change in the light of future developments or from time to time as directed by your supervisor or manager.
Qualifications & competencies
Must be a “Time Served” technician or possess City & Guilds 1,2 & 3 Certificates or equivalent qualifications & experience .
Must have a technical background /experience in commercial vehicle servicing and repairs working in an HGV workshop.
Familiar with DVSA regulations and road transport legislation relating to the maintenance of commercial vehicles
Ability to work on your own initiative is essential, together with the willingness to work as part of a well-motivated team within a busy vehicle workshop