Downton’s national distribution network gives the business complete UK coverage. At the centre of the business sit over 600 tractor units and 1,800 trailers, operating out of a nationwide network of major distribution hubs.
These significant assets give the business the capacity and flexibility to deliver sophisticated logistics services to clients across the country.
- 1,800-strong trailer fleet, predominantly 13.6m curtain-siders; also including double deckers, walking floors and the latest longer length trailers (14.6m & 15.65m)
- Range of rear-loading forklift equipment (Moffett mounted forklifts)
- 600 modern tractor units, predominantly Euro 5s, compliant with European emissions legislation
- Advanced transport management system with satellite tracking
- Supply chain management team available 24/7, with personal account manager allocated to each client
- Bespoke software packages developed for individual client needs
- Online real-time tracking service
- Individual or shared road transport solutions
- Palletised and non-palletised goods
- Logistics consultancy, modelling and strategic advice
- Retail store delivery and in-store logistics
- Returns and reverse logistics solutions
- Recycling and waste management services